Programme: Master of Instructional Design & Technology (MIDT)
Instructional e-content in this course will include among others learning objects, active web pages and I-Tutorials. Students will be taken through the “how” of using the principles and practices in Instructional Design course to macro and micro design and develop instructional e-content. It will culminate into any one of the above outputs by using existing instructional templates. This course will also examine the issues and challenges that arise in the development of e-content.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyse an instructional need for e-content and write out the instructional goal and outcomes
- Plan an instructional strategy (IS) that will best achieve the identified learning outcome.
- Design screen, interface and media elements that are appropriate to the target audience, cultural settings and internationally accepted standards
- Conduct formative and summative evaluation on the e-content using appropriate methods.
- Revise the e-content after formative evaluation and try run on a sample population.
Programme: Master of Instructional Design & Technology
The emergence of new technology has given educators and learners opportunity to explore knowledge independently. With Internet teaching and learning occurs anytime, anywhere, anyhow. This seminar aims to equip and trigger ideas on designing lesson for online learning either in blended mode or fully online learning in various areas of study.
Content of the seminar
- Introduction to instructional design
- Application of Skill Hierarchy and Procedural Task Analysis in Lesson Design for Online Learning
Note: This is a Free Online Seminar for those who are interested in the area of Instructional Design and Technology. The purpose of this seminar is to give an entirely online learning experience before you enrol into the Program of Master of Instructional Design & Technology Programme