Programme: Master of Instructional Design & Technology (MIDT)
Instructional e-content in this course will include among others learning objects, active web pages and I-Tutorials. Students will be taken through the “how” of using the principles and practices in Instructional Design course to macro and micro design and develop instructional e-content. It will culminate into any one of the above outputs by using existing instructional templates. This course will also examine the issues and challenges that arise in the development of e-content.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyse an instructional need for e-content and write out the instructional goal and outcomes
- Plan an instructional strategy (IS) that will best achieve the identified learning outcome.
- Design screen, interface and media elements that are appropriate to the target audience, cultural settings and internationally accepted standards
- Conduct formative and summative evaluation on the e-content using appropriate methods.
- Revise the e-content after formative evaluation and try run on a sample population.